1-day short course: Smartphone Video Making
Hi-Res videos and even editing them into short films for marketing or journalism that can possible with smartphones and shared with the rest of the world. In just one day, you will learn the tricks to get great shots, overcome the limitations of smartphones and increase the production values of your videos.
Our Smartphone filmmaking short course is addressed to marketers, journalists and documentary makers who want to use their smartphone to create and share videos on Social Media. The course will provide you with the skills and confidence you need to produce effective and engaging short videos on a low budget. We will present the key features of successful phone video making, demystifying the technology in a friendly and welcoming learning environment.
Spectacle's Smartphone filmmaking course is a day packed with useful tips and techniques for getting the best out of your phone. You will have a chance to try out a range of extra equipment, accessories and apps. You will also learn good filming practices and handy editing workflows. Accessible, hands-on exercises will help consolidate your new knowledge into ready-to-use skills and guide you into producing an outstanding video.
All our courses are led by Mark Saunders, a professional filmmaker with decades of industry and teaching experience.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Auto/manual focus, aperture, shutter speed
- Native Apps & Third-party software: free and cheap options
- Framing: Interviews, live-action, locations, people & things
- Lighting: natural and artificial lights
- In-built mic and external mics
- Auto/manual record levels
- Audio recording equipment
You get to try out a range of accessories and buying advice on what you need and why.
- Gimbals, rigs and clamps
- Tripods, monopods
- External lenses
Editing and uploading
- Editing options on your phone and other devices
- Use of titles, captions and text
- Uploading to social media
- Live streaming